1. Hang a hammock chair in a corner so you can take your chill time to ~new heights~. Just put your phone on “Do Not Disturb” and relax.
The hammock chair comes with the macrame chair and a heavy-duty hanging hardware kit so all you have to do is drill a hole in the ceiling, insert the iron hooks, and hang. It can support up to 330 lbs.
Promising review: “What a cool fun hanging chair to have in my living room. It was easy to install and completely safe for an adult to sit in. My dog likes joining me on my lap also. Highly recommended.” —BO B.s
Get it from Amazon for $59.99.
2. Place a storage ladder in your living room — not only will it add a nice flair, but it’ll also be a great place to store your blankets so you can easily grab one as you snuggle into the couch for the night.
Promising review: “I’ve been searching for the perfect ladder to store my blankets for years! Now that we are redoing our house, I figured I’d bite the bullet and buy one! I was shocked to find this one at such a good price! I love the wood accent at the top! It can pass as a modern, industrial, or farmhouse! I think I may get one for a towel rack in my bathroom now, it’s that cute! My husband was even impressed with it, which says a lot! He thought it was attached to the wall, that’s how sturdy it is!” —HeatherA
Get it from Amazon for $50+ (available in black and white).
3. Invest in an L-shaped couch that’ll make it so much easier for you to actually lounge and be comfortable (rather than trying to lie down with your feet balancing on your coffee table).
Many reviewers say that this couch is great for small spaces/apartments. The measurements are 78.5’’(L)*30.3’’(W)*35’’(H).
Promising review: “This couch is WAY more than I expected to get for the price. It’s not the most plush or luxe couch on the market, but it is comfortable and nappable! It looks great, is sturdy, and I easily assembled it by myself in less than 30 minutes. It cleans easily (spilled coffee on it the first night and cleaned it with a wet rag and couldn’t tell it was ever spilled the next morning). It’s small but easily could fit 3 adults. Chaise is short but lounge able. It’s a great purchase!” —Jennifer Bankston
Get it from Amazon for $299.98 (available in light grey and dark grey).
4. Toss a throw pillow on your bed to remind yourself of the appropriate response when someone asks you to go out on Friday night.
Promising review: “Oh man, I was so mad when I first opened this pillowcase… It was super soft, but I couldn’t find the zipper anywhere! And I had already purchased two 16 oz bags of fiber-fill.… for nothing! But when I saw that they described the zipper as ‘hidden,’ I looked harder… It took me forever, but I FINALLY found it… And that made me actually love this product! Usually, pillowcases need to be sewn or something and the final product doesn’t look good. This looks awesome now!!” —Linda Salvesen
Get the pillowcase from Amazon for $9.90+ (available in three sizes).
5. Add a reversible shag and sherpa throw blanket to a chair. It’s so cozy, you might even try to wear it out of the house. Hey, if Lenny Kravitz can wear a blanket as a scarf, so can you!
Promising review: “I bought the grey fur blanket and, HOLY SMOKES, this is the most comfortable blanket I think I’ve ever bought. Was meant to be decor and not really used, but I can’t keep it off of me, it’s so soft. I was very surprised by how good of quality it seems, especially for the price. Big enough to cover two people up easily. I’d compare the feeling of the faux fur to something like bunny’s fur, and the sherpa is very soft as well. Has some decent weight to it and I’ve found it to be very warm so far. All in all, good for the money.” —Kaylee Morris
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in five sizes and 39 colors).
6. Put a wine rack somewhere you can see it — that way you can stock up on your favorites and have them on hand at all times.
Promising review: “I was a tiny bit surprised how nice it looks. After ordering, I was concerned that it might be cheap looking, but it fits in perfectly w my high-end kitchen! I’m thrilled with it. It is a small capacity, but I don’t need as much storage as I had with my old wine rack, so this is perfect. Also, I like the stack being pyramid-like; saves counter space and is visually more airy for an even more opened up countertop look. I recommend it.” —sid v
Get it from Amazon for $32.99 (available in four colors and styles).
7. Invest in a lift top coffee table to make working from home a dream and a half. Plus, when you’re done working, you can store your laptop and other electronics inside the coffee table itself so you always know where they are.
Promising review: “I love this table. It’s perfect for the space restrictions of my smaller apartment and is an attractive and sturdy piece of furniture. It looks way more expensive than it is. I use it for my laptop center, and when the company stops by, I slip it under the tap and close it up. It’s a bit of a bugger to get together. You have to be patient, have the time to make it a fun project, and assume nothing when following the directions to the tee. Buying this table made me look like an interior design genius, and it was all just the luck of the draw, and a great product at a great price.” —Bill Ramage
Get it from Amazon for $119.99 (available in white and brown).
8. Add a faux sheepskin area rug to the floor next to your bed (or anywhere else TBH), and you’ll have a soft place to land when you get up in the morning.
Promising review: “I loooooove it! It’s such a nice material. It looks more expensive than what it actually is. It looks great in my living room.” —Silvia Gallegos
Get it from Amazon for $19.89+ (available in three sizes and 10 colors).
9. Place a table behind your sofa so you can keep the things you need most close by and *also* display the items that really and truly bring you joy.
Promising review: “This arrived sooner than expected! It was easy to put together. You don’t need any special tools and can do by yourself. It worked perfectly for my foyer, and I was able to tuck the dog bowls under it with no problem. Clutter and crowded foyer be gone! I’d buy it again.” —genabeebers
Get it from Amazon for $64.99 (available in light and dark brown and in two styles).
10. Place a shag area rug on your floor to warm up the room and make it so your feet aren’t always cold when you walk around.
Promising review: “Everyone has asked me where I got my rug. The softness and thickness are amazing. It’s beautiful and high-end quality. I will be buying another rug from this company.” —Cherri B.
Get it from Boutique Rugs for $33.14+ (originally $82.86; available in nine sizes)
11. Hang a mirror in basically any (or every) room. Lighting reflects off mirrors to make the room feel bigger, which is a great thing no matter how big (or small) your home is.
Promising review: “This mirror is BEAUTIFUL! Seriously, I can’t get over how simple yet stunning this mirror is, especially for the price. It makes my bathroom and is the focal point. My very small bathroom feels so much bigger with this mirror. Love, love, love. I have the large 37″, and it was very easy to hang thanks to the wire hanger already attached and the included anchor.” —Brit
Get it from Amazon for $50+ (available in five sizes and eight colors).
12. Put a vanity tray on top of a dresser or coffee table as a nice little place to store things you love, such as candles, perfume, a diffuser, or other small trinkets.
Promising review: “This tray is a really good value! It looks high end as it is a heavy/solid piece of decor. It’s a really good size for a coffee table. It’s the best tray I’ve found for this price point!” —Makinzie
Get it from Amazon for $44.99.
13. Get yourself an AeroGarden — not only will it serve as some added greenery for your home, but it’ll also give you fresh herbs to add to your dinner so you don’t have to run to the store when you forget an ingredient.
Promising review: “I considered purchasing this product during our stay at home orders. I purchased the product on March 25, and I started growing on March 26. As of April 27th, I have been impressed with the amount of growth that my tomato plants and basil plants I have achieved. I am so impressed with this product that I have planned on ordering two more for the wintertime gardening needs. No more shopping for fresh vegetables at the store for me with my new indoor garden I will have fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices year-round.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $111.03+ (available in black and white)
14. Add a ceramic table lamp on your bedside table to add some texture to the room — and so you don’t have to turn off the lights and then run and jump into your bed in the dark.
Promising review: “This is a fantastic lamp that throws a ton of light. It’s a great value for the price. The lamp was delivered within days of having placed the order. I’m very pleased with my purchase.” —Andrea
Get it from Rugs USA for $59.39 (originally $140.39; available in four colors).
15. Use a shelving unit in your bathroom to organize all your towels and display your bath salts, lotions, and other toiletries so you can see them more easily and let them remind you that taking a bath is a very good idea every night.
Promising review: “I love it, it’s the exact size that I needed for the space I had available. I didn’t have a single problem putting this together. I laid everything out in front of me, double-checked that all the parts were included. Read through the directions and laid the parts out in order of assembly. I had it together and had my towels stacked on it in about twenty minutes. It is sturdy and perfect for holding my bathroom towels and things. I’m very happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend it.” —Kit-Kat74
Get it from Amazon for $35.
16. Add a floor lamp to brighten up the room and make it feel so much bigger and more inviting.
I got this lamp when I moved into my apartment last year because I liked the style of it, but I ended up loving how much light it added to my living room (I only have one window that doesn’t get much light). It was super easy to install and has a button to turn it on and off on the ground (so you can just step on it). It looks so chic, and people can’t believe I got it for less than $100.
Promising review: “I had my eye on the West Elm sphere and stem floor lamp, and then I came across this Brightech lamp on Instagram. It’s a fraction of the price of the West Elm one but the quality is great so far, and it looks expensive. I love it and would highly recommend it!” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $89.99+ (available in brass and rose gold).
17. Replace your old and worn out pillowcases with a couple of velvet throws that will be such a soft place to rest your head while you’re sitting on the couch.
Promising review: “I have been looking for Euro Pillow Shams for awhile now, and these match perfectly for the new bedding I got. I love the pink-purple color, they look very expensive, and the velvet is so soft. Very easy to put on as well, I like the fact it has a zipper. A must buy!” —Caroline
Get a set of two from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in eight sizes and 27 colors).
18. Put some floating shelves on your wall, because it’s about time you got things out of the way in your home so you can actually use and enjoy all the space you have.
Promising review: “I love these, and they fit perfectly in my bathroom! I read some reviews that the wood isn’t finished, but I actually love the rustic look of unfinished wood. The quality is great for the price, and they do exactly what I needed them to!” —Anna Langevin
Get them from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in light brown and dark brown and in small and medium).
19. Organize all your books on a nice-looking bookshelf and you’ll actually be able to see what’s in your “to be read” pile and (possibly) end up reading those books you’ve always told yourself you would.
Promising review: “I simply love the bookcase. It is perfect for the room and allowed me (finally) to organize some of the books I have. I live in a studio apartment, space is limited, but this is a great solution, especially because it looks so light and minimal. It looks very solid and a good quality for the price. I really recommend this purchase. It is super easy to assemble.” —Ylenia
Get it from Amazon for $129.99+ (available in 16 colors and styles).
20. Upgrade up your less-than-great couch situation for a futon. It’s comfortable, looks amazing, and you’ll have a place for your friends to sleep when they crash because your home really is too great to leave.
Promising review: “I love this couch. It looks great and is way more comfortable than I would be. I tested sleeping on it, and it’s actually fairly comfortable as a futon as well. I love the modern look and the quality seems pretty good too. It was definitely a good buy, especially for the price” —Laura Allen
Get it from Novogratz on Amazon for $320+ (available in 10 colors and six other styles).
21. Hang some blackout curtains in your bedroom so you can, once and for all, get those eight hours of sleep you’ve been failing to get because the sun is too bright and wakes you up in the morning.
Promising review: “These curtains are high quality and soft to the touch, yet durable. They are sold in sets vs per panel and are comparable to the higher priced single panels. These are incredibly popular and for good reason. One side of our home gets sunlight from sunrise to sunset. During 105 degree days, the electric bill is awful. We have seen a difference already. Make sure to buy enough sets to allow the curtain to gather appropriately and darken the room when drawn. I don’t have a patio door but use these on every window in our home.” —Susan H.
Get a pair from Amazon for $19.95+ (available in eight lengths and 19 colors).
22. Add a bar cart so you can keep all your glasses and bottles together and ready for when it’s time to make yourself a drink.
Promising review: “I am absolutely in love with this bar cart! It is the perfect size for our apartment. I love the bottle holders at the bottom, and the gold is very nice. It wheels around smoothly, though we have it placed in one area of the house.” —Brittany Michele Pruitt
Get it from Amazon for $99.98+ (available in black, gold, and bronze).
23. Use a faux fur ottoman as a soft place to rest your feet, an extra seat, or more to really make your home as comfy as can be.
Promising review: “Wow. I absolutely love this ottoman! It’s even bigger than what I thought. Beautifully made & designed.” —Heather Gulbin
Get it from Amazon for $59.49.
24. Stick some mosaic film on your windows so you can let light in at all hours of the day without worrying about your neighbors seeing you walking around in your underwear. Bonus: the light will reflect rainbow-like colors throughout your home.
The film is made with static cling, so it can be removed very easily and won’t leave behind any residue. Plus, it blocks out 96% of UV rays, which will protect you and your home from being directly exposed to sunlight. It is also heat-controlling, which means it will keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
Promising review: “I’m really happy with this product. I have huge sliding door windows on the first floor, so I wanted to have some privacy but still have natural light. It was very easy to apply. I thought it would be like trying to apply a screen protector, which is frustrating, but since there’s no adhesive and the material is pliable; the bubbles come out very easily. The pliability also makes it very forgiving if you don’t cut it perfectly. I plan on buying more for my other set of windows! A few reviewers complained about not getting the rainbow/prism effect. It depends on the angle and intensity of the light. My windows face the setting sun pretty directly, so sunset is rainbow time! Season changing will probably alter the effect, as the angle of the sun changes a bit. From the outside, I’ve noticed that small lights in a dark room (ex: my digital clock backlight) produce pretty rainbow circles on the film.” —DMG
Get it from Amazon for $12.98+ (available in eight sizes).
25. And, finally, put a doormat outside to let people know that, yes, you are in fact inside, but you don’t need any visitors.
Promising review: “This is a great mat! It’s sturdy and the size is perfect. It’s also great if you just want people to go away if they come to your door. You don’t even have to talk to them—the rug lets them know that you aren’t interested in what they have to say. The only problem is that your family might start ignoring the instructions on the rug so I recommend buying a couple of them and placing them around different parts of the house so that they get the message.” —Erica H.
Get it from Amazon for $23.95.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.
i am a Journalist, Freelance Writer and Founder of DearArticles. with 5 years of experience writing across, Health, Fitness, Business, Wealth, Travels and a lot more. My outside-the-box approach to writing has helped his clients and his readers to grow their business and achieve their goals.in the high-powered world of Problems. I am on a mission to teach the world how to achieve success..